The Organisation of African Geological Surveys (OAGS) held its 1st Technical Committee meeting on 11 and 12 June 2019 in Windhoek, Namibia. The newly established Technical Committee was represented by the Geological Survey of Namibia (Team Leader), Direction de la Prospection et de la Promotion Minière, Senegal, Instituto Geológico de Angola, Nigerian Geological Survey Agency and the Council for Geoscience, South Africa.
The roles and responsibilities of members of the Technical Committee are summarised as follows:
- Providing strategic guidance on OAGS project proposals and submissions;
- Review and submission of project funding and budgets;
- Review of project proposals to determine their relevance;
- Evaluation of the broader impacts of the projects;
- Providing recommendations for raising project funds;
- Providing direction on any other issues relevant to the project.